COVID-19 News and Updates
Riviera ISD to provide free curbside breakfast and lunch to children 18 and younger
Grab & Go Meals for Remote Learners are available for pick-up every Monday, 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. in front of the Cafeteria. The student does not need to be present for pick-up, but proof of enrollment in the district will be confirmed with a student ID number.
Each meal package contains 5 breakfasts, 5 lunches, and milk for the 5 days.
If you have any questions, please contact Millie Clements, Child Nutrition Director, at 361-296-3101 or email@example.com.
Please check the Riviera ISD Facebook page for up-to-date information.
Communication from District / Information Shared
- RISD Plan for Student Drop-Off & Pick-Up - August 31st, 2020
- Riviera ISD Start and Stay Strong Back to School Guidance
- Best Practices for Social Distancing - April 2nd, 2020
- Food Service Survey - March 26th, 2020
- Letter to Families Meals and Instructional Supports - March 20th, 2020
- Family Technology Survey -March 16th, 2020
- Letter to Families about School Closures - March 13th, 2020
Department of State Health Services advise the following basic prevention guidelines:
• Wash hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap is not available
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick
• Stay home while you have a fever or experience illness
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- https://dshs.texas.gov/coronavirus/ - link to the Department of State Health Services
- https://tea.texas.gov/texas-schools/safe-and-healthy-schools/coronavirus-covid-19-support-and-guidance - link to Texas Education Agency
- https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html - link to the Centers for Disease Control
- https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus - link to the World Health Organization
- Talking to Children About COVID-19 - resources from the National Association of School Psychologists on how to talk to children about COVID-19
- Medical Certification for COVID-19 High Risk Exemption
Handwashing Video Links: